13 October 2010Add to My Folder
Rated 5/5 from 1 rating (Write a review)
Let’s get moving! Bring drawings and models to life using a variety of animation techniques in this creative topic
‘One minute epics’ competition
Use our free software to create a stop-motion animation with your class. Find out more…
This topic’s resources
Don’t forget to use the resources that accompany this topic:
- JellyCam animation software – this fully working animation studio allows children to create their own stop-motion animations in the classroom, using just a webcam.
- There are also lots of activity sheets – scroll down to the bottom of the page to view them all.
The optical illusion known as ‘persistence of vision’ has been used in film for more than 100 years. Creating animations is a practical skill as well as a great opportunity to let loose children’s imaginations, with lots of opportunities for cross-curricular work, too.
Key Stage 1
Scholastic Resource Bank: Primary - subscribe today!
- Over 6,000 primary activities, lesson ideas and resources
- Perfect for anyone working with children from 5 to 11 years old
- Unlimited access – only £15 per year!