Minibeasts – maths (KS2)
25 November 2011Add to My Folder
Use the popular topic of minibeasts to engage young children in maths activities
1. Strength of an ant
It is well known that ants are strong for their size. What would the children be able to lift if they were as strong as an ant? Give the children the following information:
NC KS2: Ma2, 1a, g, i
- An average ant weighs about 0.004 grams
- An average ant can lift about 0.2 grams
Scholastic Resource Bank: Primary - subscribe today!
- Over 6,000 primary activities, lesson ideas and resources
- Perfect for anyone working with children from 5 to 11 years old
- Unlimited access – only £15 per year!