The Thunder Giant
29 February 2008Add to My Folder
Rated 5/5 from 2 ratings (Write a review)
A great interactive story and poem about The Thunder Giant, based upon the Norse legend of Thor. Simple animated pictures and sound effects, make it accessible to a range of abilities.
This resource includes two audio texts — a story and a poem by the same author, Brenda Williams. The story is about Thor, the god of thunder, and is a retelling of the Norse legend. The narrative is supported by simple animated pictures and sound effects, making it accessible to a range of abilities. The poem gives a more humorous description of a thunder giant.
Shared teaching and learning
- Explain that you are going to listen to a story or a poem about a thunder giant. Ask for words to describe a thunder giant and make predictions about what he could be like.
- After both story and poem have been discussed, compare them.
Some previous experience of myths, legends or traditional tales would be helpful. The children should also be able to navigate their way through a simple ICT text or work with an adult who can help them to do this.
Scholastic Resource Bank: Primary - subscribe today!
- Over 6,000 primary activities, lesson ideas and resources
- Perfect for anyone working with children from 5 to 11 years old
- Unlimited access – only £15 per year!