Classrooms of the future
31 May 2016Add to My Folder
Are we teaching children the digital skills needed for the ‘tech revolution’? Take a look at this article to explore the revolutionary concepts on the horizon for classroom learning.
Today’s students are born into a world of technology, surrounded by computers, tablets, smartphones and televisions as well as games consoles and other toys too. Studies have found that the children of today are now hard-wired to learn in a new way entirely; based on an evolution in thinking and processing patterns resulting from being exposed to technology from an early age.
With over 65,000 Apps now available for education alone and over 8 million iPads in circulation in schools across the globe, there is more reason than ever for schools to turn to digital resources to engage children in the classroom. We must aim to foster a tech-savvy generation.
Hope Education have interviewed several primary school pupils, from different schools up and down the country, in a short film to ask them what they think the classroom of the future will be like … with some very interesting results.
They’ve also come up with a new interactive piece called Classroom of the Future, which takes the advancing tech of today (including VR and Holograms) and applies them to a classroom in a bid to explore what the future could hold!
Provided by Hope Education
Highlights of the ‘Classroom of the Future’
- Programming work spaces provide ‘game-like’ environments for self-directed learning.
- Interactive walls to combat short attention spans.
- Interactive desks for group tasks and simpler marking of work.
- Solar windows to help reduce the classroom’s carbon footprint and energy bills.
- Wall-mounted batteries to store any unused energy until required.
Digital classrooms could provide countless benefits to children, teachers and the environment, including preparation for successful careers, providing more engaging lessons, improving marking workloads and reducing the carbon footprints of schools to name but a few. For more information on the Classroom of the Future, click the hyperlink and explore the revolutionary concepts for classroom learning.
- Hope Education is a leading supplier of educational resources across the UK.
- Founded in 1898, the company aims to inspire, educate and create.
- They are the recipient of 3 prestigious customer service awards over a three-year period.
- To stay on top of the curriculum Hope Education work closely with teachers and governmental bodies to ensure the resources they offer are relevant to the content being taught.
- All products and resources can be ordered on their website.