Many happy returns (part 2)
5 December 2016Add to My Folder
Explore new ideas for celebrating birthdays in your setting, making it an extra special day for the birthday boy or girl, and an occasion that the other children can look forward to when it’s their turn.
See Part 1 of this series for more fun celebration ideas.
Birthday walkInvolve families by asking parents to provide photos of previous birthdays, special mementos, or answers to questions about key moments. Here are a few to try:
- the time of day the child was born
- the day of the week
- what was the weather like
- the child’s favourite toy or book
- first words/steps/tooth
Scholastic Resource Bank: Early Years - subscribe today!
- Over 2,000 early years resources, activity ideas and games
- Perfect for anyone working or playing with children from 0 to 5 years old
- Unlimited access – only £15 per year!