Fairytale Kingdom: Shopping list
10 July 2008Add to My Folder
It always pays to plan ahead – so here is a list of all the useful odds ‘n’ ends you will need to see you through the Fairytale Kingdom project…
Don’t let the long list put you off! Remember, this is the entire list of materials for all six-stages of the project. If something proves difficult to get hold of, then don’t be afraid to substitute it for something else.
Also, take into account that your class may want to approach their model in a very different way to our example – so be flexible in the materials that you choose to collect.
Don’t do it alone!
Remember, you can enlist the help of your class, their parents and other school staff members in the collecting of your materials. Once you have a ‘Fairytale Kingdom’ squad on the case, building up your store of materials will be child’s play!
- Two cardboard food boxes approximately 10cm width and breadth – one should be 1-2cm longer than the other
- plaster bandage
- air drying clay
- plastic modelling clay
- clear sticky-backed plastic
- black and coloured paper
- split pin paper fasteners
- thin card and very stiff card (grey board)
- thin dowel/bamboo skewers/garden cane
- garden wire
- 24 wooden lolly sticks
- parcel tape
- stiff cardboard tubing
- masking tape
- ten wooden drink stirrers
- two tiny magnets
- two small flat pill/pastille boxes
- gold and silver spray paints
- acrylic paints
- plastic bottle with narrow nozzle
- two yellow foam car sponges
- white liquid rubber fabric glue
- white or cream bathroom sealant
- plaster of Paris
- clear nail varnish
- thick black thread
- white multi-purpose wall filler
- food colouring
- icing bag/syringe and nozzle
- red and white oven-hardening modelling material
- pasta twists, couscous, rice and lentils
- sand and gravel
- cling film.