A helping hand
26 September 2007Add to My Folder
Save the Children is an international aid agency and charity that works in more than 60 countries across the world, including the UK, to help and protect children and young people
- to recognise the role of charities and international aid organisations
- to meet and talk to people who contribute to society
- to make real choices and decisions
I work for Save the Children in Mongolia, helping children and their families. Part of my job is to visit shelters supported by Save the Children which have been set up to help street children. These children have no homes and families. They live on the streets, begging for food in temperatures that can drop as low as minus 20 degrees.
Oyunbileg Rentsendorjin, Project worker, Mongolia
Scholastic Resource Bank: Primary - subscribe today!
- Over 6,000 primary activities, lesson ideas and resources
- Perfect for anyone working with children from 5 to 11 years old
- Unlimited access – only £15 per year!