6 July 2009Add to My Folder
This amusing story by Helen Stephens, which tells about a little dog looking for a family of his own, is sure to appeal to young children. Follow up the story with these book-based actitivies
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Draw the children’s attention to Bob and Fleabag’s growing friendship. How does Bob make Fleabag happy? What does Fleabag do to make Bob happy? Discuss how pets can become close friends with their owners.
- Read the information at the back of the book about how a dog at Battersea Dog’s Home inspired the Fleabag story. Visit www.battersea.org.uk to view images of homeless dogs. Talk about how to care for a dog properly.
Communication, Language and Literacy
Scholastic Resource Bank: Early Years - subscribe today!
- Over 2,000 early years resources, activity ideas and games
- Perfect for anyone working or playing with children from 0 to 5 years old
- Unlimited access – only £15 per year!