6 July 2009Add to My Folder
Online exclusive activities based around the humorous story of a little dog looking for a family of this own
This charming book was recently shortlisted for the Blue Peter award in the ‘Most Fun Story with Pictures’ category. Use these activities to extend the children’s learning across the Early Years Foundation Stage framework
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Ask the children why they think Bob is sad about moving house. What happens to make him happy again? Link your discussions to the children’s experiences of moving house, or of friends or family members moving away from them. Talk positively about making new friends and keeping in touch with old ones.
- Focus on Bob’s attempt to run away. Explore the illustrations depicting his fear as he scampers downstairs, hears the heavy door shut and runs to meet Fleabag. Ask the children if they have ever felt scared? Talk about the dangers of Bob’s actions and how Fleabag protected him.
Scholastic Resource Bank: Early Years - subscribe today!
- Over 2,000 early years resources, activity ideas and games
- Perfect for anyone working or playing with children from 0 to 5 years old
- Unlimited access – only £15 per year!