Are children exposed to too much too young?
Following Panorama’s recent investigation into the apparent sexualisation of children in the UK, which looked at the images, products and influences to which they are being constantly exposed, do you have concerns about this matter, either in your setting or with your own children?
- 70% said Yes, popular culture is depicting a sexualised world that is encroaching upon children.
- 5% said No, people are taking commercialisation and modern culture too seriously.
- 17% said Maybe, I am concerned that I cannot control the images and influences upon my children.
- 8% said Maybe, but I feel that I am able to control the images to which my children are exposed.
- What is the biggest challenge you’ve faced in your setting this year?
- Do you think mastery is the best way to teach Primary Maths?
- Do you think primary-school pupils are too young for careers advice?
- Do you think the Government should reverse their qualifications policy for Early Years Educators?
- What do you think is the most important skill for children to learn before starting school?
- Do you think the government’s 30-hour pledge is a good idea?
- Do you worry about font styles in teaching resources?
- See more polls