Should children not start formal education until they are six years old?
Children in other parts of the world, such as Scandinavia, do not start formal education until aged six or seven and the emphasis until this age is firmly on play. Should the UK adopt this approach to our children’s education?
- 66% said Yes, children should be able to play more and the EYFS should be extended to seven year olds.
- 9% said No, it doesn’t necessarily improve academic performance in the secondary phase.
- 25% said Maybe, some children are ready for school from an earlier age.
- Do you think teaching assistants help to improve pupil’s progress and attainment?
- Do you think school uniforms are a good idea?
- What do you think is the biggest barrier to having an on-site counsellor in your school?
- What do you think about academies?
- Do you worry about font styles in teaching resources?
- See more polls